Friday, August 14, 2009

fashion.

so tonight made me realize something, how much i love fashion. my only follower and my awesome friend katie was showing me all her blogs and things that she followed and it just got me thinking. ive always loved fashion and when I was younger I tried to design my own things but i could never get it right. im not that great at drawing and my proportions were never right. i tried sewing but I got half a dress done. i feel like when i was younger i really just wanted to fit in so i wore what other people wore. for instance, in middle school I was all about LILY. the pearl neclaces, the hair to the side. i look back and all i can do is gag at myself. that wasnt me. it was me trying to fit in and be "preppy" thank god i got out of that phase. now the past few years i havent been able to explore fashion because of wearing a uniform all the time. ive always loved shopping and looking at clothes but when i would buy things they werent special. it was usually like tshirts and jeans. nothing special. over the past 2 years i feel like ive really come into my own in terms of fashion. it started more during the summer when i was able to search and buy more since i wasnt wearing a uniform. i realized how much i love dresses. theyre simple and comfortable. i realized how much i hated skinny jeans and how they cut off the circulation to my knees. and yet i love them at the same time because regular flare jeans just dont look right on me. its just lately ive felt the need to be more out there. im tired and this blog is probably not making sense and i cant find the right words. its just i know i still have a long way to go in terms of finding my style but i know ive been evolving. i want to be unique and different, have my own style. my biggest inspiration is demi lovato. seriously i want to raid that girls closet. shes girly, but bold and feminine but quirky. she can be complete and totally rockstar punk but its very girly at the same time. it just...all her clothes fascinate me.
ok so this blog has gone completely off track and i didn't say half of what i wanted to say. but at any rate i know i have a long way to go but i feel like im finally becoming myself. i love to try new things with fashion and i love learning about it. i kind of hope one day that i get a job writing for a fashion magazine. i look in my closet and although sometimes i feel as if i have nothing to wear i know i can always put something on and people can look at me and say "thats so you". when someone says that, it makes me truly happy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

yeah fashion!
great post V :)