Monday, November 10, 2008

post- arguement rant.

So this is a rant that I wrote in Poetry Class. Our teacher gave us the line "its not worth it" and we had to write from that. Basically I just ranted about an arguement that I had with a certain friend the night before. I feel like copying it here since this is my "rant blog".

It's not worth it.
this friendship I'm in. we fight. we call ourselves an old married couple. but should we really be an old divorced couple? we never had problems until now. we clash. she overreacts. i try to calm. she takes it personally. i try not to lash out. she yells. she insults. she has an idea of what she wants to do with her life. i don't. she finds me naive. calls me disgustingly desperate. i give up. she lets it go. we fight again. someone has to talk to her, make her apologise. she wants to run my life. i want to make my own mistakes. come to my own conclusions. im not perfect. neither is she. she doesnt see that. i know she cares but maybe she cares a little too much. i love to spend time with her but maybe ive blinded myself into thinking shes my best friend. im too far in. i cant get out. she wont let me go, i know. im always embarassed by her words. shes too blunt. she doesnt understand how horrible she sounds. she insults and laughs it off. i try to make her see but she doesnt. she is blind. im too scared to fight back because i know we'll argue once more. 6 years we've been friends. im going away soon, away from her. in all honesty, I can't wait. i need new people in my life. optimistic people. people who dont control me or put me down. she says i lecture. im sorry maybe I do. but she doesnt listen. she has changed into this monster. im not the only one that sees it. please God make her see. make her understand that she is hurting others and myself. is it worth it, this friendship? I don't know. I want to hope but I'm loosing my belief.
So there you have it. My lovely rant. Now out of this rant I wrote a poem. So here it is.
So many years,
So many moments.

It’s different.

Something has changed.
Ideas clash,
Personalities argue.
Is the pain worth it?
Name calling,
Emotions,
Desperate and naïve.

No apology is needed.
The war is done.
There. I'm done another rant for today...well hopefully.

No comments: